Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Welcome - Day Two

Good morning!

We had a wonderful response to yesterday's conference kick-off. There were several comments, mostly from people sharing experiences and thanking bloggers for their information. Also, I know some writers made some networking connections. It's always great to meet new people who share your interests. I hope the participants enjoyed increased traffic to their websites. I got at least one new newsletter subscriber at my site (http://www.gayletrent.com), so I'm happy about that.

Today, we'll get insights from several publishers and marketers as well as authors. One publisher (Mountain Girl Press) is launching a new line (Little Creek Books) and another discloses what types of manuscripts her company (Echelon Press) is seeking. I hope you learn a lot and have a terrific time.

I have to duck out of here for a few minutes to take my children to school and to run by the grocery store. I'll check in as soon as I get back. Aren't virtual conferences wonderful?

4 comments:

  1. YES! Gayle, this was a terrific idea! Thanks for letting me be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome. Thank you for volunteering to be a part of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to attend a conference from my sick bed! Or sick couch, to be accurate. Don't need to worry about spreading my bug or tiring myself out! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gayle,

    I heard about your conference from a good friend, Patricia Woodside. I'm a day late, but I'm catching up.

    Thanks so much for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete